Bangkok (Thailand) – January 23, 2017 (travelindex.com) – Chinese New Year is one of the best chances for traveling as this festival provides the week-long national holidays and a unique vibe of traditional and colorful festivities. As Chinese community in Thailand is one of the largest in the world, the capital city of Bangkok is lit up in colorful festive ambiance and known as one of the most attractive places to visit during this Chinese holiday. Come experience the Thai version of Chinese New Year celebration at “Siam Magnificent Chinese New Year 2017” to be arranged at Siam Paragon, Siam Center and Siam Discovery and bring home a hassle-free, enjoyable memory of a lifetime while enjoying exceptional offers available only at this a must-visit “One Siam” destination.
Bring a Glimpse of Chinatown
Marking the grandest event for Chinese people and expressing the appreciation of Chinese art and culture, we bring in a glimpse of Bangkok’s Chinatown to the all-in-one-place shopping destination as follows:
– Siam Paragon is set to host “The Marvelous Music Harmonizing Two Realms” between 26 – 29 January in order to demonstrate the good relationship between Thailand – China using music as the links between the two countries’ art & culture. On the opening ceremony, there will be for the very first time music performance by Guzheng & Erhu, traditional Chinese music instrumentals played by Master Li Yang; the Guzheng teacher of Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Walailak and Master Li Hui, together with traditional Thai music instrumentals played by Korphai Ensemble and the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra (BSO) from 5.00 – 6.30 pm at Parc Paragon. Moreover, other interesting activities include the Chunlian and Duilian calligraphy (a form of auspicious greeting couplets expressing a prosperous year ahead), Chinese paper-cutting, traditional Chinese knotting, and Chinese auspicious painting are the highlights not to be missed at Hall of Fame, M Floor, Siam Paragon
– Siam Center schedules to host “12 Lucky Shades 2017” exhibition updating 12 auspicious colors suitable for 12 zodiac signs by famous fortuneteller. By boosting more confidence in choosing the right clothing and accessories, the 4 renowned stylists will also give you helpful tips and tricks on how to mix and match your auspicious color with your style in the year of an energetic rooster. The exhibition will take place at 1st Floor, Siam Center from 26 January – 12 March 2017 with an opening ceremony and a Zodiac Sign Mini Fashion Show to be held on 26 January 2017 at 4.00 – 5.30 pm. Siam Center customers can also present their receipts to redeem for a Lucky Pouch with auspicious zodiac signs designed by Mr. Somnuek Klangnok (Kru Parn), a renowned Thai artist.
– Siam Discovery introduces a “DIY Ceramic Bowl Screen Printing in Siam Discovery Style” workshop aiming to please customers with DIY favors. Those interested can choose their preferred bowl in 2 different sizes then have them screened with a lucky rooster pattern or an auspicious Chinese calligraphy text of their choice, making this DIY Ceramic bowl a limited, one-of-a-kind item in the world. The workshop will run from 26-31 January 2017 at Siam Discovery.
Chinese New Year Special for Tourists
A trip can’t be completed without shopping, especially in Bangkok where shopping is a must activity. Siam Paragon, Siam Center and Siam Discovery offer unrivaled shopping experience suitable for travelers who love varieties and uniqueness. Dropping by this shopping landmark trio during the Chinese New Year 2017, holiday makers and souvenir hunters can rest assured that your splurge will worth every penny.
Siam Paragon, Siam Center and Siam Discovery offer Tourist Privilege Card for tourists to shop across these three shopping centers with a discount from 5-20%. Tourists also enjoy a welcome package and a birthday privilege upon registration. The welcome package includes Thann Facial Sunscreen and Angbao vouchers valued more than 10,000 Baht from participating brands.
Enjoy a lot of exclusive tourist offers from 23 January – 9 February 2017 including limited special gifts and promotions as follows:
– NaRaYa Chinese New Year Collection when spending from 5,000 Baht
– Thann Body Care Set and Siam Discovery Discount voucher when spending from 10,000 Baht
Redemption points are available at Tourist Lounge, G floor of Siam Paragon and VIZ Counter, G floor of Siam Center and Siam Discovery.
Additionally, keep your eyes peeled for a Golden Dragon Parade as they may approach you while shopping during 27-29 January 2017 with ranges of Angbaos, discounted vouchers and many more privilege cards to be enjoyed at more than 100 participating brands throughout Siam Paragon, Siam Center and Siam Discovery!
Delightful Gastronomic Journey
After taking in these authentic cultural festivities, it is probably the perfect hour for a sumptuous meal. If you are thinking that Chinese New Year is all about a hearty meal with your loved ones, this shopping trio is the right destination to drop by especially during this Chinese New Year. Visa Card offers an exclusive privilege for its cardholders. Dine at participated restaurant using Visa Card and receive special discount and dishes.
– Siam Paragon reinvents the whole new dining pleasure, with more than 30 globally-renowned restaurants and dessert outlets at The Gourmet Garden, G Floor.
– Siam Discovery serves the need of Jamie Oliver’s fan anticipating a chance to try out his recipe by introducing the first restaurant of globally-renowned Jamie’s Italian in Thailand at Siam Discovery, G Floor. What’s more, experience the new dining excitement at My Kitchen on the 4th floor where 5 premium restaurants and a dessert outlet are ready to serve their signature dishes.
– Siam Center offers limitless local and international dining selections at the Food Factory located on the 4th floor for people who love being among a bustling, vibrant surrounding while enjoying a wide variety of delicious food.
As a must-visit “One Siam” destination, Siam Paragon, Siam Center and Siam Discovery welcome all travelers in the heart of Bangkok during this long holiday and all year round. If one visit is not enough to breathe in all these fulfilling excitements, the shopping landmark trio wholeheartedly welcome you back with a lot more adventures waiting out there.
About Siam Piwat – The Icon of Innovative Lifestyle
For almost 60 years, Siam Piwat remains a leading world-class retail and real estate developer, and is always recognized as a thought leader in creating distinctive, new prototypes of properties which always set new benchmarks for the country’s retail business. As the owner and developer of Bangkok’s most iconic shopping destinations, including Siam Center, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, Paradise Park and ICONSIAM, our mission is to be the first in introducing revolutionary concepts for our projects – creating unparalleled experiences that constantly inspire our customers. Every initiative would contribute to elevating the quality of life of all Thais, foster the prosperity of the nation, bring visitors from all over the world, as well as serve as a source of reputation and pride for Thailand and its citizens.
For further information, please contact Public Relations Department:
Natthanan Ussaneemas (Puk)
M: + 086 393 8700
Thichawadee Meesompued (Koi)
M: +063 213 7925